Target population: All staff working with dementia clients
Course duration: Theory = 4 hours
Certification: Upon successful completion of the session and assessment.
No.of Participants: 10 Maximum
Students must interact and participate during the session as the session is interactive using workbooks and multimedia.
Due to the immense difficulties encountered in meeting our statutory obligation to provide infection control training, this training session have been prepared to ensure that all staff are fully up-to-date with regard to their infection control responsibilities. It will also strengthen participant’s ability to protect themselves, their clients, and members of the surrounding community from infections.
Aim & Objectives
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- State their obligations and that of their employers with regard to infection control.
- Understand the consequences of poor infection control practice.
- State the actions to be taken in relation to the infection control requirements put in place within their working environment.
- Identify the correct actions with regard to a range of different infection control situations.
Session is divided into 7 stages:
- Stage one: Infection Control ( The Legal Aspects)
- Stage two: Disease transmission (the bug and how they spread)
- Stage three: Hand washing & gloving
- Stage four: Housekeeping
- Stage five: Use and disposal of needles and other sharps.
- Stage six: Waste disposal
- Stage seven: Assessment