Target population: All staff working with dementia clients
Course duration: Theory = 4 hours
Certification: Upon successful completion of the session and assessment.
No. of Participants: 12 Maximum
Students must interact and participate during the session as the session is interactive using workbooks and multimedia.
Due to the immense difficulties encountered in meeting our statutory obligation to provide dementia awareness training, these training sessions have been prepared to ensure that all staff are fully up-to-date with regard to their responsibilities.
Aim & Objectives
The aim of the session is to inform care workers about:
- Dementia awareness
- The way issues may be addressed
- The forms of dementia
- What it may be like to have dementia.
At the end of the session participants will have:
- Knowledge on how to improve care delivered to people with dementia
- Knowledge on how to support relationships of people with dementia.
- Understanding of the reasons for behaviour you may find difficult
- Knowledge of the different types of dementia
- Understanding of what it may be like to have dementia.