Target population: All staff working in care settings
Course duration: Theory = 4 hours
Certification: Upon successful completion of the session and assessment.
No. of Participants: 12 Maximum
Students must interact and participate during the session as the session is interactive using workbooks and multimedia.
Due to the immense difficulties encountered in meeting our statutory obligation to provide Mental Capacity Act of 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards awareness training, these training sessions have been prepared to ensure that all staff are fully up-to-date with regard to their responsibilities.
Aim & Objectives
The aim of the session is to inform care workers about:
- Mental Capacity Act of 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- The way issues may be addressed
- To have a greater understanding of the Mental Capacity Act of and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
At the end of the session participants will have:
- Knowledge the list the functions of Mental Capacity
- Knowledge on how to describe the groups that will be affected by the legislation
- Explain what is meant by the term ‘best interests’
- Explain the role of Lasting Power of Attorneys
- Describe the function of the Court of Protection
- Explain the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguard